« Home | Apologetics and Green Beer » | Harry Potter 7 Publication Date » | Ancient Hymns » | What is faith? » | Louisiana Presbytery Decision on Steve Wilkins » | God's Grace » | Trees, Comets and Tidepools » | God Helps Those Who Help Themselves?? » | PCA and Steve Wilkins Update » | Holiday Spirits »

Wonderful World of Birds

I came across a great website today. Mangoverde has a World Bird Guide with photos, videos and sound recordings of birds from all around the world.

Today's photo on my page-a-day bird calendar had a group of steamerducks, which the caption said are flightless. I'd never heard of flightless ducks before, so did a search and found the Mangoverde site. Not only did I find out about steamerducks, but learned that there is a group of birds called flowerpeckers. Now woodpeckers I've heard of (and seen a few), but flowerpeckers is a new one.

Here are a couple photos I copied from the site:


This one seems to be caught in the act of flowerpecking...


This one is remarkably colorful.

There are many more great photos there; the site also has a dragonfly/damselfly page and a butterfly page, both also with many photos, if you prefer colorful flying insects.

Labels:

About me

  • Martin
  • From Orange, CA
  • Husband; Father; Son; Brother. Ruling elder at church. Loan Officer for Christian lending institution. Seminary student. I hope to be a pastor and plant a church in the near future.
My profile
What's Musings of a Bystander?
[ E-Mail Me ]
[ Sign My Guestbook ]