« Home | Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes » | Mary Did You Know....? » | Christmas Carol » | RUF Back at Brown University » | RUF at Brown University » | Theological Pointillism » | Big Brother Brag » | Grandma Was A Commie » | PCA Standing Judicial Commission & Steve Wilkins » | Student Life »

Holiday Spirits

The span between Thanksgiving and New Year's is one of my favorite times of the year. I actually like to go gift shopping, and of course love all the food and presents and bowl games and Christmas TV specials and everything else. It all seems to climax in the week between Christmas and New Year's, a week we have typically spent in Seattle with my family, and engaging in a whirlwind of visits with extended family and friends.

This year we stayed home. Our two oldest daughters have to work, and we thought it would be good for us all to be in one place and be able to see each other.

It made the holidays quieter and less hectic, but they were also very satisfying. I realize looking back how thankful I am for my family. I have been blessed with a wonderful wife who is a helper more than suitable for me, and four wonderful children who are a true joy.

So despite all the shopping and eating and gift giving and gift receiving, what stands out for me this year is how blessed I am and how thankful I am for the family God has given me.

Labels:

About me

  • Martin
  • From Orange, CA
  • Husband; Father; Son; Brother. Ruling elder at church. Loan Officer for Christian lending institution. Seminary student. I hope to be a pastor and plant a church in the near future.
My profile
What's Musings of a Bystander?
[ E-Mail Me ]
[ Sign My Guestbook ]