« Home | Multicultural » | This just about sums things up » | Musings of a Bystander? »

Go Dawgs!

The UW Huskies actually got off to a decent start to the football season, beating San Jose State 35-29. Given that the Dawgs only won three games over the previous two seasons I'm not getting my hopes up. But this'll do. Maybe throwing away an old cup that I used for water at work helped.

You see, it had the new Husky logo on it.

The new logo looks like, as one alumni put it, a blow-dried collie. No wonder our football team plays like pansies.

I have avoided any clothing or other Husky items with the new logo. No, "avoided" is wrong; "boycotted" is more like it.

Then the other day at work I realized the cup I got at a game a couple years ago had the accursed demon-logo on it. I'd kept the cup as a memory of the game, where new and alumni marching band members got together and played at halftime to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the band.

Well, the cup is gone.

It's time to bring back a real Husky logo:


Labels:

'Blow dried Collie'... ha-ha!!!
Actually, the old logo does look better than the new.
Just be thankful that you don't have the Oregon Ducks' uniform colors. Ugh!

Looking forward to reading more of your musings!

Post a Comment

About me

  • Martin
  • From Orange, CA
  • Husband; Father; Son; Brother. Ruling elder at church. Loan Officer for Christian lending institution. Seminary student. I hope to be a pastor and plant a church in the near future.
My profile
What's Musings of a Bystander?
[ E-Mail Me ]
[ Sign My Guestbook ]