« Home | This just about sums things up » | Musings of a Bystander? »

Multicultural

This morning KMR * and I went to the Orange International Street Fair. This has been a long-time annual tradition. This year we had a date since all the older kids were elsewhere and our youngest, Half-Pint (she discovered "Little House on the Prairie" this summer) had spent the night with Tia.

The street fair is fun, with lots lots of good food (KMR had Norwegian rosettes, baklava and roasted sweet corn; I had some of hers plus Teriyaki chicken kabob and Australian pulled pork). And we always run into someone we know. Neale and Ruth volunteer there every year, so of course we saw them. We also ran into an old friend Steve, who is an elder at a new church plant here in Orange County. It was great to catch up with him and also to hear about what's happening at the new church.

God seems to keep putting people connected to church plants in our path. I think He's telling us something...

At the Norwegian booth, we contemplated buying a horned Viking hat for our son, who styles himself Vikinglord on an on-line game he plays. He's proud of his Viking-American heritage. I told him if he's a Viking lord then I'm a Viking king. But then awhile later I realized that with my dad living he must be the Viking king. I guess that makes me a Viking prince. We didn't get the hat -- too much to pay for cheap plastic. Pillaging and plundering just doesn't pay like it used to.

* Katie My Rib. Huh?, you say? I'm named after Martin Luther. Huh?, you still say? Read a book.

Labels:

About me

  • Martin
  • From Orange, CA
  • Husband; Father; Son; Brother. Ruling elder at church. Loan Officer for Christian lending institution. Seminary student. I hope to be a pastor and plant a church in the near future.
My profile
What's Musings of a Bystander?
[ E-Mail Me ]
[ Sign My Guestbook ]